Wednesday 5 September 2012

Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer and Highlighter


Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter £5.99 Boots or Superdrug.

I feel I should start this with saying I'm still undecided if I'm going to repurchase this product when It runs out, I feel like by being a 2-in-1 product it doesn't do either of the things it claims to very well just like the old kinds of 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner which everyone knows were rather rubbish. I picked mine up in shade 030 Classic Beige when I needed a new concealer and was running out of my Collection 2000 one, I used this first on holiday when I had minimal make up and only used it to cover my red nose, It felt slippy BUT also silky and easy to blend, the coverage was not what I usually go for as I like my concealer's to be full coverage and no fuss. The product is a pen style application which makes it less messy than my MAC studio sculpt concealer in the pot, and easyto apply where you want it. The packaging really attracted me to it as I had never used a concealer with this method for applying as well as the glossy tube and blue lid which made it look like it meant business (cringe much?) however I have to say the blue translucent lid has proved to be pretty messy and gets any unused product squishing around which is pretty frustrating watching product get wasted over a lid which I cant get out without great difficulty. I can tell when It runs out I'm going to have to cut it open to get the last remaining uses out of it as its the type of packaging which has nooks and crannies to hide extra product even when nothing else will come out.

This has been a pretty confusing Blog post as I do like the product but its just not enough coverage for me to use it as my everyday concealer but I haven't yet tried it when I do my full coverage (aka flawless base) foundation for when I'm going out in the evenings as I feel it may work as a highlight giving the Kim kardashian highlight ( the kind done without shimmery powder but light concealer under the eyes in a triangle shape) I will let you know how it goes. So will I repurchase this product again? Yes ummm Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment